1. Sponsor: PUMA SE, PUMA Way 1, 91074 Herzogenaurach, Germany
2. Eligibility: The Tester Program is open to legal residents of the Germany, United Kingdom, France who are 18 years of age or older at the time of application. Employees of Sponsor, their affiliates, agencies, suppliers and members of the immediate families and persons living in the same household (whether related or not) of such employees are not eligible to apply. Void where prohibited.
3. Agreement to these Terms and Conditions: By submitting an application, an applicant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Terms and Conditions, which are available at https://global.puma.com/pumaxplayseat/terms and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Tester Program. The Tester Program is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. If any provision or part of these Terms and Conditions is deemed void or unenforceable, then that provision or part shall be deemed excluded and the remainder of the Terms and Conditions shall remain applicable.
4. Tester Program Application Period: The Tester Program starts on August 20, 2019 (14:00 p.m. CET) and ends on August 31, 2019 (23:59 p.m. CET) (“Application Period”).
5. How to apply: Applicants can apply on the website www.playseat.com/puma from where they will be forwarded to https://global.puma.com/pumaxplayseat/. (“Website”), or directly on the Website. On the Website they will have to enter certain information and answer certain questions (“Application Form”). In the Application Form, applicants are required to enter their full name, email address, shipping address, height, shoe size, birth date, gender, how they heard of the Tester Program, their gaming habits and preferences and sport activities of interest. Applicants will have to answer the following questions: “I game becasue…” and “Why do you want to test this new gaming seat?” The application is completed when the applicant accepts these Terms and Conditions, acknowledges the Data Protection Notice and submits the Application Form by hitting the button “Sumbit”. By hitting the “Submit” button, applicant agrees that Sponsor or its contracted agency may contact applicant for the conduct of the selection of participants and in the course of the testing process.
6. Selection Process: Twenty (20) applicants of the Tester Program will be selected to participate in the Tester Program and receive one (1) PUMA x PLAYSEAT playseat and one (1) pair of PUMA Active Gaming Footwear (collectively “Test Products”) for testing purposes.
7. In the Tester Program, the participants will test their Test Products for a period of (3) weeks (“Testing Period”). After the end of the Testing Period, they will submit their testing results and feedback via an online survey tool and other means such as a video or photo log. Until a participant submits his/her testing results and feedback, the Test Products remain the property of the Sponsor and entrusted to the participant solely for testing purposes. After the submission, ownership of the Test Products will automatically transfer to the participant.
8. Selection and notification of Participants: From all entries received during the Application Period, Sponsor will choose, at its sole discretion, the most relevant answers to determine the most suitable applicants within fourteen (14) days from the end of the Application Period. Chosen applicants will be contacted by e-mail and requested to respond and confirm the acceptance of their selection for the Tester Program. If a notified applicant is uncontactable or does not confirm the acceptance of its selection within ten (10) calendar days after the notification, Sponsor is entitled to determine a subsequent successful applicant and award the slot to this person replacing the applicant originally chosen to be the participant. The participation in the Tester Program can only be claimed personally by the participant. Participation must be accepted as designed by the Sponsor. The Test Products will be sent to the address of residence (in accordance with the eligible countries in Sec 2 above) provided by the participant. The receipt by participant of the Test Products offered in this Tester Program is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations.
9. Obligations of Participants: By entering into this Tester Program, participant understands that he/she will be required to conduct a three (3) week testing of the Test Products and provide his/her feedback via an online survey and other means such as video or photo log in accordance with Sec. 7 and 8 above. All material provided by a participant with regard to his/her testing shall become the sole property of Sponsor (see section 10. below).
10. Granting of rights: By participating in the Tester Program, participant understands and agrees that all rights in intellectual property, including but not limited to patents, trademarks, designs, concepts and/ or copyrights, developed by Sponsor with information provided by participant or which has been developed by participant in connection with participant partaking in the Tester Program, specifically including without limitation designs, drawings, artwork, concepts, deliverables, footwear, apparel and accessories which may be created in connection with participant’s participation in the Tester Program (the “Works”), shall be the sole property of Sponsor and shall be protectable by Sponsor at its own expense. As owner of such intellectual property, Sponsor shall have all customary rights, including without limitation the right to modify, amend, and otherwise practice and exploit such intellectual property. All rights to such Works shall immediately vest in and belong solely and entirely to Sponsor. In order to complete such ownership by Sponsor, the participant herewith assigns and transfers to Sponsor any and all rights to the extent owned by participant. Sponsor hereby accepts such assignment and transfer. To the extent such assignment and transfer of rights is legally not possible, participant irrevocably grants to Sponsor an exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty free, locally and substantially unlimited, transferable, sub-licensable and fully paid-up right to use the rights in their original or in any modified form and in any known and currently unknown way, including, without limitation, the exclusive right to advertise, publicize, market, distribute, manufacture and/or sell products developed in connection with the Works and anything contained therein without any compensation. This grant of rights is hereby accepted by Sponsor.
11. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not liable, to the extent legally permissible, for defects in the Test Products. Legal recourse to this extent is excluded. Except in the event of gross negligence or intent on the part of Sponsor or its agents, Sponsor does not accept responsibility for any entries lost, damaged, corrupted, delayed, quarantined, or not received by Sponsor, whatever the cause. Sponsor is not responsible or liable for any technical, hardware, software, server, website, or other, failures or damage of any kind. Sponsor will send the Test Products in accordance with Sec. 8 above but will not be responsible for non-delivery or non-receipt of the Test Products due to any reason whatsoever. By entering each applicant/participant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its, affiliated companies, agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such applicant’s/participant’s participation in the Tester Program and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Test Products or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the application process or the Tester Program; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Tester Program or the processing of entries, (vi) late, lost, or undeliverable mail. Sponsor’s liability due to applicable and indispensable Product Liability laws remains unaffected.
In the event of an obvious error in these Terms and Conditions, illegality, or circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor which prevent the administration of the Tester Program, Sponsor will not be liable for any form of loss or disappointment caused by same. In such circumstances Sponsor will make all reasonable endeavours to advise participants of any changes or withdrawal.
12. Disputes: THIS TESTER PROGRAM IS GOVERNED BY GERMAN LAWS, SUBJECT TO ANY MANDATORY PROVISIONS OF THE APPLICABLE LAW OF ENTRANT’S PLACE OF RESIDENCE. THE UN CONVENTION ON CONTRACTS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS (CISG) IS EXCLUDED. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than applicant’s/participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Tester Program), and applicant/participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
This Data Protection Notice provides information according to Art. 13 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on the processing of your personal data when you apply and participate in the PUMA x PLAYSEAT Tester Program (“Tester Program”).
Controller & Data Protection Officer
Controller, meaning the entity which determines the purposes and means of the processing of your personal data, is PUMA SE, PUMA Way 1, 91074 Herzogenaurach, Germany, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Controller has appointed a Data Protection Officer which can be contacted under Data Protection Officer, PUMA SE, PUMA Way 1, 91074 Herzogenaurach, email@example.com.
Processed personal data
The following personal data will be collected:
First and last name, address, email address, height, shoe size, birthdate, gender and information on how applicants heard of the Tester Program, their gaming habits and preferences and sport activities of interest.
Purposes and legal bases of data processing
Personal data is processed for the application and performance of the Tester Program as specified in the Terms and Conditions (Legal base: Art. 6 (1) 1 b) GDPR).
Controller shall disclose personal data only to its authorized personnel and/or service providers commissioned to conduct the Tester Program within the territory of the European Union or in the territory of the European Economic Area. All such personnel and/or commissioned data processors are obliged to process personal data only for and in accordance with Controller’s instructions. Personal data shall not be transferred or disclosed to third parties, unless required by law.
Personal data will be deleted after the distribution of the testing shoe and the closing of the Tester Program. Where deletion of personal data is not possible due to legal retention duties, Controller will restrict the processing of such personal data to this retention purpose.
Data subjects’ rights
You have the right to request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning his/her personal data as well as the right to data portability under the conditions and limitations of Art. 15 et seq. GDPR. These rights can be exercised by sending an email firstname.lastname@example.org specifying your request.
Irrespective of your abovementioned rights, you can lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority, if you are of the opinion that the processing of your personal data by the Controller violates GDPR (Art. 77 GDPR).